Monday, October 20, 2014

#5 The biggest misconception about singles

5)      The biggest misconception you think people have about single life.

There are so many misconceptions about single life! I hardly know where to start! 
I feel as if the biggest misconception about single life is that "we" have all the time in the world for...Well...Whatever! Married and coupled people seem to think that single people are not busy. "Girl, if you don't have a boyfriend or husband to take care of, what are you doing?" The answer is everything. If I'm single, I really need to be on my roll before someone comes along to change my focus! I've never been as productive as when I've been single! 
Along with the things church related, I'm busy with my sisters' schooling, piano lessons (though I'll clearly never be truly amazing at it), exercising with my mom, planning home improvement (also with mom), and the business I'm trying to get off the ground...All that not including the fun stuff!
So, I've told you what the misconception is, now let me sum up what single life really is. It is a time (some choose it to be a lifetime) to go after your goals and dreams, to enjoy the small things, make close bonds, and yes, sometimes even learn about heartache. If you're planning on being married one day, it's the time to prepare for married life. Most of the time, we are happy to help out or babysit children--of course I'm only speaking for myself-but it's difficult not to be resentful when you act as if it's the only thing we have to do in life. 

So, single people, weigh in here! What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about single life? 

4 comments:

  1. It's not cool to feel like people are taking advantage of you :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it definitely isn't! Especially when it's because of your marital status--kinda awkward.

      Delete
  2. ExACTLY!!! I think this really is the biggest misconception people have about single life. I know for a fact that some of us have a lot more on our plates because we are single.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!