Tuesday, October 14, 2014

#4. The scariest thing about being single

So we are moving right along! Click the picture for the info on this challenge!

4)      Your biggest fear as a single person.
The main part of this challenge is to be real with the answers...Which means I have to dig deep. This isn't something that I really think about. No one wants to focus on their fears, where's the fun in that? 
At first I thought my biggest fear was never getting married and having kids, but I think my real fear is that I won't be happy with wherever my life leads. I know a few people who never got married and are really content; I know more people who (especially right around my age) started becoming desperate to get married or at least be in a relationship. We generally live the first fifteen years of our lives single, so why the fear that we'll never have something we were born without? 

To clarify, I believe that dreaming of the fairy tale "happily ever after" is a good thing, and even a God-given desire-as long as it doesn't become the only desire. I definitely have that desire, and would love to have all the fun I have now doubled by having someone to share it with; however, I don't want my main goal to be something I have no control over. I refuse to get married just in case I won't find happiness alone. I sometimes feel like I'm a strange specimen for being happy the majority of the time without a man. I have so many things to keep me busy, inspired, and content. I don't want that to wear off. I fear it wearing off! The good news is that talking about your fears is the first step to overcoming them...Here's hoping!

Join me on the 30 day blogging challenge, or comment with your answer to any (or all) of the questions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!