Saturday, October 11, 2014

#2. A moment when being single sucked.

As you know I'm doing the 30 day blogger challenge (please click the link if you want to check it out.) I'm gonna get right to this painful one lol.

2)      Describe a moment or a day when being single really sucked.
Immediately after reading this question, I knew the moment/day. All three of my (biological) sisters are married, and two live out of town. For my mom's birthday, they decided to visit so we could have a big "to-do". One day, all my sisters and their husbands were here at the house. We were all talking and laughing loudly, and I looked around; there were four happy couples! My parents and my sisters and brothers-in-law were all blessed with wonderful happy relationships. I suddenly felt adrift and in limbo. It was the worst feeling, because I rarely feel as if there is a hole in my life. Of course I have those single girl moments (usually I'm watching a fine movie star on a favorite show) where I say "It would be cool to have a man" or I'll jokingly say to a friend, "Okay, I need a man." but there is never a true sense of urgency. For once, I realized that my sisters could all relate to each other on a different level while I was/am at a different place.
That moment sucked because I wanted to have what my sisters had and I realized that it was one thing I couldn't just have when I wanted it. I know I could be married right now, or be in a relationship with some guy...But having a good relationship or a good marriage isn't so easily acquired. Although, at that "sucky moment" I was surrounded by happy couples, I've seen unhappy or even just bored couples and I'm not at all willing to give up even the suckiest moments of single life for that. So here I am, willing to take those less-than-stellar moments with the shining glorious moments of singleness, and prepare myself for one day enjoying married life, or forever enjoying single life. 

Tell me, what was your suckiest moment of being single?

3 comments:

  1. Yay...she's blogging again. I actually forgot blogspot existed. Never trade long term happiness for immediate gratification. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 84:11 "no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly".

    If it was a "good thing" for you to be in a couple right now, you would be because he wouldn't withhold it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely better to wait, than to be in misery. I hope you are involved in church functions, and different Christian organizations where you can meet a like minded guy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!