Thursday, September 4, 2014

Flaws...or gifts?

Perhaps our small flaws are what make us special. If they weren't, I wouldn't have had to accept my big feet-but that's another story.
What if instead of dreading people seeing something that makes us stand out, we held up a magnifying glass for them?
Oh wait, wait, don't get upset. I'm not talking about character flaws, I'm only talking about harmless things that make us quirky. For instance, my little sister sings all.the.time. Yes, it's a little annoying a lot of times, but it's part of who she is, and usually can't stop even when she tries. Besides the big feet I have an overabundant share of little "problems" myself, my most obvious being my acne (based on the fact that my whole body works wrong lol) and my hyper-active mind (meaning short attention span). I once knew someone that tended to point out every irregularity from "normal", as a problem. I worked really hard to fix myself in every way...but my natural thought process is far from that. Before life taught me that people often prefer assembly-line perfection, I mostly embraced my strangeness!
In case you need convincing, I would like to point out a few things:
1. Most awesome people that we read about in our history books we a little "different" based on the standards on those around them. Do you want to be "normal" or special?
2. Because of-not in spite of-some flaws, we humans often find great ways of doing things. For instance, I found great healthy recipes to battle my acne which I never would have bothered to do before.
3. One person's trash is another's treasure. Huh? Yeah, that's what I said. There have been many times that I wanted something someone had (like their hair) but it was the one thing about themselves that they wanted to change.

Have an awesome day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!