Thursday, June 19, 2014

Out-of-town shopping and my quirky family

The are times when I wonder if my family is normal...Like when I need something to drive and have to go borrow our truck from the next door neighbor who has been borrowing it for about a month. He wasn't home, so I hoped that he wouldn't get home and think that it had been stolen (only to come ask us and see that we weren't home either). Anyway, when I got back from running my little errands, he had arrived home and was outside talking on the phone. I awkwardly called "Uhh, I'll leave a note next time. I just had to borrow it for a minute. Thank you!" Yeah. I played it cool, right?

But that's not even what today's post was about. It was about me visiting Florida and happening upon a flea market on our way home--somewhere in Alabama.

This was by far one of the coolest things I saw. It's a lil baby stroller. I believe it said 1920s. Anyone know?
Then there was this chair. I loved it, but couldn't afford it. I had all kinds of ideas for how I would revamp it though. 
 

It should be obvious why this space went right by the door. It just beckoned me in. I love the show flea market flip and would love to be on it.

What are your favorite places to shop when you're out of town? 



3 comments:

  1. My kind of shopping Lizzi. I always try to find a thrift store when we go out of town. So many treasures waiting to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Flea Mkt. Flip too. Totally in love with Junk Gypsies - 2 junkin' sisters, remake everything in sight. On Thur. nights - GAC network shows episodes all night. I DVR it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love second hand shops. Sadly hubby does not, but if I can find him a hifi shop to hang out in he's ok!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!