Sunday, March 23, 2014

Kitchen pet peeves

Where there is a family living together in a house, there are some things done in the kitchen that drives the one semi-sane person in the family a little crazy. Here are my kitchen pet peeves:

  1. When there is a food or beverage in our home, it doesn't matter who eats the majority of it...whoever eats the last of it, is the one who is said to have "eaten it" and are given the stink eye. I think that's so lame. This is where the second pet peeve comes in.
  2. You grab the family sized bag of potato chips out of the pantry only to look inside and see that there is hardly a handful of crumbs. This is a tactic to keep people from saying that "all" the chips were eaten by whoever had the last helping. Now, you have to decide whether to eat them and take the fall or leave them and make someone else mad. 
  3. Now, if I were going to go with only three, this would be the last. Empty containers posing as full ones. Why are there always cracker boxes with no more crackers? Egg cartons with no eggs? Was it that hard to throw them in the compactor or trash? 
  4. Covering Tupperware containers with saran wrap is like a sin in my book. Either find the top for the container, use foil to cover it, or put it in a container the plastic wrap will really stick to!
  5. Picking the best part out of any dish. Unlike some people, I enjoy leftovers; however, I don't enjoy going to eat a dish that is supposed to have rice, sausage and pineapples in it, and finding only rice. 
So okay, I let that out. Tell me: What are your kitchen/food pet peeves?

Elisabeth Arona

8 comments:

  1. LOL Lizzi, I guess you nailed all the main ones. I guess you could add someone bringing a dirty dish to the sink as I am rinsing off the last one washed could be added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha. The girls usually wash the dishes, but I find that it happens a lot with both the dishes and doing the bathroom laundry.

      Delete
  2. Is it just me or does anyone else always somehow have soy sauce dripping somewhere in the fridge? Even if I clean it, or move the bottle, or use a different fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is notnotNOT just you! Don't let me add "putting drink in the door of the fridge" or "leave a topless sauce on the edge of a shelf". Whew.

      Delete
  3. You covered some good ones already, and Lorrie's addition is another good one. How about when said dishes in the sink have items in them that should have gone directly into the trash and not put into the sink?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You pretty much covered most of them. But one of mine is after I have washed a sink load of dishes and clean up the kitchen and drain the water out of the sink then my dad or one of my brothers or all three of them will bring me their snack dishes to wash. And I'm just like seriously? You just had to wait until I drained the water out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are a few others: husbands (I've heard mine isn't the only one) that don't know how to put away the plastic containers and leave them on the counter; husbands (maybe mine IS the only one?) who will put a dish in the sink while the dishwasher is open and I'm loading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What i say to all the above: you peeves all relate to living with people - You're learning to bend, accomodate, submit, accept unconditionally. Be happy. It's much more fun than living alone and having the kitchen all to oneself and no one to cook for.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!