Monday, January 6, 2014

Dear Achoo...

New year new you, right?
Well, I wish my cat had that mentality. She is precious, and I love her to death, but she could use some improvement. Her name is Achoo (real imaginative huh?) because I am allergic to cats. My allergy doctor told me it's fine that I get a cat as long as it is outdoors and I wash my hands after loving on her. So, I've written an open letter to this darling cat with some words of advice. 

Dear Achoo, 
You know I love you, but sometime I get really irritated when you run out to meet the car like a dog. I used to think it was cute, but when you roll over onto your back directly in front of the car I just want to scream. I'm glad you found a new friend next door, but money doesn't grow on trees so you should stop letting her eat your food. While we're on the subject of food, dad says you shouldn't have six meals a day no matter how much you beg. He thinks you're getting plump. Don't be hurt, but I did notice you've rounded out some too, it looks good on you though! Um, on the subject of begging, why is it you hear me in the mud room and start meowing? It's so hard to resist feeding you for the seventh time
I also think that you should reconsider how you go in and out of the garage. There is no need to meow at the door, and then when you're let in you run through the house and meow at another door to be let out. You could just walk around to the backyard the normal outdoor animal way. I feel like it's a new year, and you should consider changing these few little things. Either way I will always love you.
Lizzi 

4 comments:

  1. From Achoo the kitty: Dearest Lizzi - thank you for suggesting some New Years resolutions for me-ow. I will "get on it" right away........
    Purr-fectly happy cat, Achoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed so hard at that Rita. I'm sure that you nailed the way she would speak if she could.

      Delete
  2. As one who's cat woke her in some dark hour of the night to be let out I feel I should write a letter of my own. It may not be quite as loving or cute though.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment and put a smile on my face!